I don't get how the mechanics work.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I don't get how the mechanics work.

Post by Mercury on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:26 pm

Ok so we get 25 points every round for the first era in order to create races right?
My questions are:
Does racial traits cost the same for creating animals and plants?
I've seen the words  Protect, Prevent or Miracle often in the domain powers , what does it mean and how do we use them?
Likewise what does the catastrophe and the debuff does ?
I still do not get how to use the commands what is the difference between them?

Please make an example with all the above functions.
Mercury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I don't get how the mechanics work.

Post by Charon on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm

Gousgounis wrote:Ok so we get 25 points every round for the first era in order to create races right?
My questions are:
Does racial traits cost the same for creating animals and plants?
I've seen the words  Protect, Prevent or Miracle often in the domain powers , what does it mean and how do we use them?
Likewise what does the catastrophe and the debuff does ?
I still do not get how to use the commands what is the difference between them?

Please make an example with all the above functions.

Animals and plants, as non sentient beings, will have a more simplified way of creation without traits.

There are so many things a god can do, but we group them in broad categories of Divine Orders, such as Protect and Prevent. We are currently working on the details before we publicise them. The way you use the orders will be fully explained in a more appropriate thread.

Catastrophe is a godsend grand scale disaster like a cataclysm, earthquake, volcanic eruption and the like. A debuff is a condition that influences negatively the mortals or cancels positive effects, for example "prosperous hunt" is a condition that influences positive mortal population and prosperity in a location (tile) - this is a buff. When a neighbouring population decides to declare war to them, α new condition comes in play "at war" which influences negatively the mortals - that's a debuff.

There are two types of orders. Divine Orders and Civilisation Orders (Civil Orders or Private Orders). Divine Orders are the actions of the gods that requires an amount of Divine Power to be achieved. They are direct influences of the gods over the world with a tremendous impact. These Orders are shaking the very foundations of the world in a way that every god in the pantheon is aware of. Divine Orders are always Public - you post them on the appropriate thread in the "Divine Orders" forum. Civil Orders are more subtle and indirect, as you manipulate mortals to take some action or you use your Domain Power. This Orders are private - you post them on your private thread.

Details and extensive examples will be given in time!

The Law that Governs over All

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top