Primal Chaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about Magic

2 posters

Go down

Questions about Magic Empty Questions about Magic

Post by Orabelle Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:00 pm

My interest to magic was driven by a single event this week. I believe many of us wonder what is going on with magic and what are the true boundaries.

-Magic like lord of the rings is acceptable
-Our races also can have inborn abilities if you pay the price
-Not everyone will have magic powers.

These are the rules i personally understood

But, how do we use it? Do they need research or everyone can create fire to burn the woods? Do they start with a certain understanding or step by step they unlock the powers of magic.

I will not set an example yet because it contains some private information. If you wish of it though i can fill it in
Orabelle
Orabelle

Back to top Go down

Questions about Magic Empty Re: Questions about Magic

Post by Charon Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:13 pm

So let's see.

How do we use magic?

Sounds like a good question but not 100% accurate. My reply to the question is: do you? Your Ainur have wings and they can fly. Who is the one using fly? Magic is just like that. A tool in the arsenal of your race, an extra modifier for my calculations and a spark to set your imagination aflame!

Do they need research or everyone can create fire to burn the woods?

Every race without the magic user trait needs research and necessity to develop magic.

Do they start with a certain understanding or step by step they unlock the powers of magic.

We can see no practical application of the step by step levels of magic. It is not so easy and serves little to classify magic and spells by power. We merely measure the magical expertise in a race.
Charon
Charon
The Law that Governs over All

Back to top Go down

Post by Orabelle Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:42 pm

Seems valid but if i may ask, a race with any kind of magic users can perform any kind of other magic as physical enhancement, create or bend elements etc without the necessity of research?

And everyone in a race with magical powers can use magic or is it a percentage of the population?
Orabelle
Orabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Charon Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:24 pm

You can assume that every race achieved in the art of magic can perform a full variety of magical spells and abilities for every kind of situations. The research part is taken into account for the purpose of the races magical prowess.

Every population archiving magic is considered to have enough practitioners to provide the benefits of magic to the entire population.

In case you are about to ask, there is no fix percentage of the population.
Charon
Charon
The Law that Governs over All

Back to top Go down

Post by Orabelle Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:29 pm

Thank you father, my questions are answered for now.
Orabelle
Orabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum